Cornwall, a photographic adventure, 8

Finally the day dawned cloudy. In fact so cloudy that there was yet another non-existent sunrise as the rising orb could not penetrate the gloom! In fact, a good day for a visit to the moor!
Armed with my book of shortish walks in North Cornwall we set our for Minions, a village on Bodmin Moor very close to a group of two stone circles known as the Hurlers, for obvious reasons. There is a large car park for tourists and I was dismayed to see that it was fairly full, not good for a Thursday morning out of season. Hettie and I equipped ourselves with camera gear, tripod and sandwiches and set out. 200 yards later Hettie pooped and we had to retrace our steps back to the dog bin in the car park. Hettie was unwilling to go back and then when we got to the bin unwilling to go forward. The upshot of which was I became a little short tempered and pulled on her lead too hard causing her to fall over (elderly dogs do not have great balance). This earned me bad looks and tuts from several elderly women who were just getting out of their car.
We both regained our composure and struck out once again for the stones. I was impressed. Although the stones are not high the circles are quite large and there are a number of standing stones away from the circles themselves. I thought I would take some long exposure shots to try and get the movement of the clouds over the stones but had to wait while a largish lady in a floaty dress went from stone to stone giving them a nice old hug. 
I spotted the workings of a long gone tin mine on the horizon and conjectured that it would make a good focal point. From where I was standing I could not see a direct path over to the mine workings so we went cross country dodging the gorse, streams and large holes which were the product of the mining operations.

Once there I had lots of toys to play with, The polariser as now the sky was clearing and large patches of blue were showing through, the Lensbaby and also the multiple exposure setting on the camera,  which, when coupled with the neutral density filter, gave me lots of opportunities.
A lot of the pictures I took I intended to convert to monochrome but here are a selection in blazing technicolour! The three lens baby shots are at the end. The monochrome and multiple exposure pictures I will save for another blog....lucky you!


















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 10th June - Lochmaddy to St Kilda

A weekend in the Dingle, a damp drive and exciting lichen