California 31st October, the leaving of Mono Lake

It was to be another early start. I had not slept well for the last few nights but I could not leave Mono Lake without going down there for sunrise again. I was finding the place mesmerising and was sad to be leaving.
So more tufa shots I am afraid, although each time I went there the light was different. This morning there was only a faint colour in the sky and a stiff breeze was blowing. I decided to convert some of these photographs to monochrome to suit the gritty nature of the rock.















Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

A weekend in the Dingle, a damp drive and exciting lichen

The Ancient Agora of Athens