Wicken Fen - part 2 - hot afternoon

Alan cycled over and met me at the fen and we had a walk along the Lode. Seeing the windmill reminded me that I had always intended to snap it with the Holga. After lunch the sun was really burning and after the frustrating effort of trying to photograph the dragonflies in the dipping pools I walked back and spent my time by the river. I took a couple of Holga shots and then some macros with a variety of lenses and extension tubes. The first yellow flower picture is of the bladderwort growing at Wicken - a rare carnivorous plant and I was rather taken with the dandelion table with the 4 dining hoverflies.
It was Saturday and as it was so fine Wicken became exceedingly busy. As the heat intensified I realised it was time to go home.
Thanks to Ann for arranging and hosting the outing.




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 11th June - we go ashore in Village Bay

Ten days on Zuza to St Kilda - 8th June - we go aboard in Oban

A weekend in the Dingle, a damp drive and exciting lichen

The Ancient Agora of Athens